If you’re one of the many businesses applying for the JobKeeper payment, most likely you will have many thoughts and questions.
For instance, are all businesses expected to intelligently report each month to the government? What exactly does that mean? Where do I start? How do I do it?
We hear you and we're here to help with the entire process.
Important dates to remember:
- Enrolments for JobKeeper payment opened on the 20th April.
- From the 4th of May, you must identify your employees each month.
- You must apply by the 31st of May to receive JobKeeper payments for April and May.
- Once you have applied for the JobKeeper payment, you must report monthly to the government.
There are a few steps you need to take in order to get ready for reporting. Our business specialists can assist you with any of these steps.
1. Send forms to your employees
ITP is here to help. We can save you time, by providing you with a template for your employees to sign so you can get them sent to the ATO.
2. Apply for the JobKeeper payment
An ITP professional can assist you in applying for JobKeeper. You can find more information on how to apply here.
3. Identify and report on eligible employees
As an employer, you are required to identify each eligible employee that you will claim the JobKeeper payment for and update their details each month. This process can be time consuming and confusing. ITP can do it for you.
How do I identify my eligible employees?
- Directly into your single touch payroll software (it must be updated with the JobKeeper component)
- Manually through the Business Portal (if you use STP software without the JobKeeper component, or if you don’t use STP)
4. Make a business monthly declaration
Each month you need to:
- Make sure that you paid each eligible employee at least $1,500 every fortnight
- Check the number of eligible employees each fortnight
- Update your eligible employees
- Submit your GST turnover and project the following month’s GST turnover
- Confirm your contact and payment details.
ITP is here to help you. We can customise a business solution for you and ensure your business is compliant with STP regulations. It is also important to keep in mind, all our business solutions, include a subscription to the online accounting software quickbooks, which makes your business bookkeeping simple. Call us today and find out how easy JobKeeper can be!